Thursday, March 27, 2008

Dinos and Trains

My niece Amy and her boy (my great nephew) Garrett came up from Eugene for the day! It was lots of fun. I used the rent-a-kid service upstairs and brought David with us for a fun fun day.

We had lunch at Wendy's where 4-year-old David informed me: "I have determined that chocolate milk is very good. And so, I would like to have some." We then rode the carousal at the river. Gipper had lots of fun. He rode my favorite: the Zebra. (David was a chicken and decided to ride the covered wagon on the second time around).

We spent the rest of the day at the A.C. Gilbert house. It was super super cool. So, Garrett's favorite thing (other than learning self-defense moves with his dad) is dinosaurs. David's favorite thing is Trains. And, HOLY COW--there is a whole house at AC Gilbert's that is devoted to trains AND dinosaurs. Wow. Garrett had to help David with his Dino-names (Garrett is 6 months younger than David). There was a display where you mix and match Dino heads, bodies, and tails. After organizing his Dino, David did his very best to sound out its name: trick-er-rat. "Jen! Its name is Trick-er-rat!" Tric-er-at...ops. Triceratops. Oops!

(Oh where, oh where has my camera gone? Oh where, oh where could it be!?)

2 comments:

stef said...

thats so cute! I love that little guy!!

MKShelley said...

Mine's gone too!!! I hate being without it. Good luck on finding yours.