Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Made Just For Reading--an invitation...

One of my Spring Break tasks has been to attack the TOWERING pile of "to-be-filed" papers on my desk. I actually enjoy finding an extra long movie, plopping myself and the papers on the floor, and organizing little piles of papers to file away (and then actually filing them away!). So...I began yesterday in front of Gone With the Wind (I never tire of that movie...)

Well, near the bottom of the pile, I found the book I wrote a few years ago (has it been that long?). It is an illustrated children's book called Made Just for Reading. Only...here's the problem people. An illustrated children's book needs, well, illustrations. I have a clear idea of what the illustrations look like. But there is a disconnect between my imagination and my hand! Help!

The invitation:

I need someone who enjoys drawing and doesn't mind following my (general) ideas about what should be in the pictures. You would only need to find time enough to draw illustrations (simple, colorful, playful) for a couple of pages to start with (and then don't be crushed if I don't use your illustrations...).

Any takers? Seriously--I would scan and email the pages or snail mail them. From what I have heard about trying to get published with children's books--I certainly don't expect to get this book published by a big publishing company and make lots of money. But, I think it is a really good book and I would like to self-publish it and get it in the local schools and libraries. If nothing else, I want to make up a few bound copies for myself and my family.

Well, there it is. Let me know if you have any interest and I'll send you a copy for you to consider (=

1 comment:

Candice said...

I wish I could draw! I've always wanted to write kids books too, maybe someday...I'd rather read kids books than adult books sometimes. :)

I hope you find someone, I want to read it!!