Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Best Friend Week

Last week my best friend Anna came up to visit with her three kids (ages 8, 6, and 3 1/2). Anna and I have been friends since 4th grade and she now lives in Colorado. Since we've been all married and growned up, we've only seen each other when we both happen to be visiting family in Utah at the same time. So, it was really great to have her here for a whole week just to spend time together.


Anna came with me to my weekly prenatal appointment. Anna is also pregnant. Here we are at the appointment (19 weeks and 38 weeks). The midwife listened to both of our baby's heartbeats. I think this was the only picture we got of the two of us together! (How did I let that happen?)

Alex was a hit with the kids--which was a great help for Anna and I! He even volunteered to play Nintendo one night with them so that Anna and I could sneak out to see Twilight at the dinner theater.

We packed a TON of stuff into those 8 days, including:
--Washing something like 10 loads of baby laundry
--Planning and shopping for LOTS of meals
--Dinner and a movie
--Riding the carousel and having a picnic
--Prenatal appointment
--Visiting Anna's friend Doug (who now lives in Portland)
--Rocky Butte
--Hiking Silver Falls (I sat that one out!)
--OMSI (discovery science center)
--Visiting the Portland, Oregon LDS Temple grounds
--5 hour car ride to the Olympic Peninsula (WA) in a mini van
--Beachcombing
--Seashell / Beach rock contest
--Board games in the cabin at the beach
--Touring Forks, WA
--Visiting La Push, WA
--Hiking in the Hoh Rain Forest, WA
--Food Poisoning
--Tidepool Adventures (I sat that one out too--due to the previous bullet point)
--A LONG day at the beach including blue skies, sunshine, kite flying, beach fire, roasting hot dogs, making s'mores and banana boats, napping in the sand, and silly sand castles
--5 hour car ride home from the beach
WHEW! No wonder I'm tired!

Hoh Rain Forest, WA

I have a very similar picture of me talking on this telephone on our honeymoon nearly 7 years ago (=

Anna and her daughter Adrianna posing next to the sign that marks the beginning of the Quileute Indian Reservation at La Push, WA.

3 comments:

stef said...

Wow thats a TON of stuff for along you are! I hope one day I can take pregnancy as good as you sis, and I didn't know that Anna was prego!

Candice said...

Can I just say that I am soo soo excited to go to Oregon in June?!?! I wish we could come up sooner...We thought we were getting a bigger tax return and planned on coming up before then, but no. Dang taxes!

Yeah, for being a couple of weeks away from meeting your baby, you are a champ for being so active!

Melissa said...

I remember your friend Ana. How fun for the two of you to hang out...and to both be pregnant. That's a lot of hormones in one house. :) Sounds like ya'll had fun.