Saturday, March 21, 2009

Birth Art


Today was my last day of work. Suddenly I have space to breathe...internalize...and stay up past my bedtime listening to Pandora and coloring...

This obviously symbolic birth art was inspired by my ankles (or the lack thereof). It doesn't take much to imagine my legs as a tree trunk nowadays. Also...I'm thinking that the corona looks an awful lot like Alex's hair...

Things I am looking forward to in the near future:
  • My nephew's wedding tomorrow--going to the temple and being with family
  • My best friend Anna coming to visit me this next week
  • Washing baby clothes and filling the drawers of the new dresser
  • My final Birthing Class this week
  • Meeting with my midwife again Monday
  • Preparing a birth-day playlist for the mp3 player
  • Shopping for baby's homecoming outfit
  • A pedicure
  • More Spring weather!

2 comments:

Candice said...

Birth-day playlist...I love it!

meg said...

Swell, just swell. Seriously, that was all I did the last trimester. I had to get all new shoes after I had Janie because I stretched all mine out! Jason was my foot-massaging angel in those days. Then he would help prop my feet up before we went to bed. It's good to hear Alex is taking such good care of you. We are so excited for you guys! Love ya!