Friday, April 15, 2011

2 Years Old!

Happy Birthday Edgar! Birthday #2 heralded lots of changes for Edgar. He woke up for the last time in his crib, and he and daddy put together his Big Boy Bed! He picked out some Woody and Buzz Yite-Year Sheets and Pillow (Pee-yo). He has been prepped for weeks that "2 years old means no more bottles"...but we let him have bottles on his birthday for the last time. He totally understood what was going on. He kept saying "My no is 2. My is ALMOST 2." He was really excited for his birthday. He picked out Sponge bob cups and plates...so, we went with that and made a Sponge-tastic birthday. He kept telling me all day, "Mommy! I'm so excited for my birthday!"

I (who am really not a cake decorator) made this fantastic cake. It was pineapple inside cake (instead of upside down...I put a layer of crushed pineapple in the middle). YUM!




LOVE the look on his face when he realized it was a new MOTORCYCLE toy! It is a cool track that shoots his motorcycles out and a zillion miles per hour, around a loop, and through a ring of FIRE!


That night he lined up his motorcycles so they could sleep.
Last night with your bottle baby. Now you are a big boy! (Yes, I almost cried when I threw his bottles out. And yes, he is crying now as he looks at the picture of his "special bottle").

No comments: