Friday, April 22, 2011

There's Friends Here

Edgar saw this picture on the computer and said, "Look mommy! There's friends here!" This kiddo sure loves his sister. He has this cute little baby babble he does when he sees her and it ends with "HI Sabrina! How are you today?!?!" He is generally unperturbed by her crying, loving, and helpful. His is occasionally jealous, physical, and frustrated with her. Sounds like pretty normal siblings to me (=
I was so worried that having another baby so soon would take away from the sweet one-on-one time I enjoy with Edgar. But, that is definitely not the case. Somehow, there is always time for some sweet snuggling with Edgar, or some one-on-one giggling time with Sabrina. I LOVE being a mom.Here's a photo of Sabrina on her blessing day. It was great to have my parents as well as my brother Ryan and his wife Kaylee come up. Not sure why we are all so serious in this photo (=
Another example of fun times with Edgar. About a month ago, Sabrina was sleeping after dinner and we decided to have a fire and watch a movie with Edgar. After about 30 mins of movie, he got distracted and we ended up having a super fun mommy-daddy-Edgar castle building evening. It was awesome.
I haven't posted near enough pictures of this Sabrina girl. She is 3 months now, and super cute. She loves to smile, will occasionally laugh, loves to be up looking around at the world, and LOVES her family. I just melt when she catches me looking at her and gives me the biggest open mouth grin that goes all the way to her eyes.
Life is good. We are super busy with church callings (primary), diapers, jobs (I am even tutoring a little), playing with kids, car repairs, bedtime routines, Yoga class, trying to get our album finished, feeding kids, and (yikes!) a little house hunting. It's busy, but it's great! I wouldn't trade this for the leisure time-packed life we had before kids. When we could actually spend time together in the evening. When we didn't go to sleep by 10:30. When we could go to a couple of concerts every week. When we could sleep in until noon on the weekends. Okay. Maybe sometimes I would trade it a little bit. (=

1 comment:

Anna said...

Great so see your cute kids growing up together! I know what you mean about not trading it for all the leisure time before. It's just that you would like a few days back a year. We're getting away for our anniversary for 2 days. It doesn't even matter what we do or where we go as long as it's just us. But leaving for those 2 days is so difficult to fathom!!!!!!!! I worry so much about little Diana who is nearly 2. Surely she'll be OK without me for 2 days. I once read that motherhood is to take part of your heart out permanently give it to another person. It will never be the way it used to be again. Thank goodness.