Saturday, April 30, 2011

Of Easter, Big Changes, and Wockets

Happy Easter! A few days before Easter, Edgar did a face plant off of the swings, resulting in his scabbed chin. But, he had a great Easter. He loved learning more about Jesus in Nursery. If asked, he will tell you that Easter is about how Jesus Died, but now He is ALL BETTER!
After church, we went up to his Auntie Dani and Uncle Todd's house. We had lots of good food, fun with family, and an Easter Egg Hunt in the park.
Sabrina got to meet her twin-cousin Logan for the first time. They were born the same day! He is SUCH a cutie!
The big news that came the day after Easter...
We are buying our first home! It is really close to where we live now--just a block to the south and a block to the east. Definitely walking distance to see our friends (= We have been casually looking at homes for the last couple of years, but when we walked through this one, both Alex and I said, "I LOVE it!" It has just about everything our ideal home would have, and with a little bit of negotiating, the price was right! With lower house prices, low interest rates, and no house to sell--we feel truly blessed to find such a great home at this point in our lives.
Closing date is May 25th. We are so super excited, we are having a tough time thinking of much else! We are going from 600 sq ft, no oven, and a dorm-size fridge to 2500 sq ft + a full basement, a regular-people kitchen, and a half-acre lot with lots of room to play!
This is a picture of my favorite room--the big living room with hardwood floors, a wood-burning fireplace, and a view of the Cascades. I am looking forward to many hours of reading, playing, and snuggling with my family in this room!
Other new things: Sabrina is now a thumb sucker. I love it. I know, I'll have to deal with a thumb-sucking toddler some day--but for now, I love that she can put herself back to sleep when she wakes! And, she is so cute.

This one is for Grandma and Grandpa! Here are some Sabrina laughs (=

Edgar and his Daddy reading A Wocket in My Pocket, By Dr. Seuss this evening before bed.

3 comments:

meg said...

Hooray for rhyming! Edgar's future teachers don't know it yet, but they are high-fiving you right now. Nice reading Alex.

That was fun.

jacobsclan said...

I just have to say I too love the thumb sucking I have two of them.

Jaimee said...

Congrats on the house!! Your family is so beautiful! And don't worry about the thumb sucking- Matteah started sucking her thumb at four months and did it to fall asleep until she was four. And I was getting worried about it- trying to think of when to 'break' her of it and she just stopped all on her own!! Score!!! :)