Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The First Week

Phew. The first week is over. That was tough! I had plenty of warning that being a new mama is hard--but it still didn't prepare me for the hormones, exhaustion, and soreness! I think childbirth was way easier than his first week of life.
Still, I'm so in love with this baby boy that I don't mind. We've also had a lot of help. Thank you to all who have brought meals, cleaned house, helped with laundry, and--most helpful--have stayed over to help with the middle of the night tasks. We had another night on our own last night and it went pretty well. Especially considering I am getting sick. Yuck. That is seriously not fair. But, life goes on.
I am also so so so grateful that this boy has figured out how to nurse. We had a harrowing first couple of days at home when he was having a tough time. But...with 2 lactation consultants and much patience, he is now an old pro.
Yesterday was Edgar's big photo shoot with our good friend and photographer Danita Pappas. She took a couple with her digital so that I could post them right away--but there are lots more cute pictures that will be ready in a few weeks.
In the meantime, enjoy this sample of pictures!

Happy Family


Edgar is a punk rocker.

Edge and Danita at the end of the photo shoot.

8 comments:

stef said...

Oh my gosh I have the cutest nephew ever!

Candice said...

Oh, that last picture makes me do that " Oh how sad but he's so stinkin cute" face!

Hey, when we come up can I take pictures of him too?

Candice said...

P.S. you look BEAUTIFUL in that pic of Alex playing the guitar. You're such a natural mother!

Sheri Kay said...

Love him! Can't wait to kiss his cute chubby cheeks!! Hope that is soon... Miss you ~ Sheri

meg said...

You do look beautiful, Jen. The guitar picture is priceless. I love his hair. He'll catch up to Alex in no time! So glad nursing is going well. It's makes life so much easier on mommy hearts when babies will eat! Congratulations again!

Dave said...

I can see that you are making sure that he follows in your musical footsteps!

Becoming a parent for the first time is an awesome experience. You have years of fun and trials ahead of you. Enjoy your time together with him.

Dave

MKShelley said...

See, the reason he's screaming in that last picture is because he's got Zac Efron hair going on... I'd be screaming too - He's a punk rocker for crying out loud!!!

Melissa said...

I'm glad that everything is going well. You're right, the first week after the baby is born is way harder than the delivery!! The funny thing is that pretty soon you will get amnezia and decide that it was all wonderful and not too bad and so why not do it all again. :) Enjoy your beautiful little Edgar!!