Sunday, November 16, 2008

More Recording

Okay! 3 posts in one day! I finally have the time and space to blog a little...so I'm playing catch-up.

We have started recording again with Eric Lovre. We are working on a full-length album. Most probably to be released on cd sometime next Spring / Summer. Recording is going so much better this time around. In our first 4 hour session we recorded basic tracks (drums, guitar, bass) for FIVE songs. (Compared to taking 3 or 4 months to get basic tracks on our first 3 songs last year).

Our friend Jeremy Rice is playing drums for the album. We are super excited about what he has added to these songs.
Alex and I went in yesterday and laid down 2 flute tracks, a violin track, and a bowed-guitar track, and tried a few takes on some vocal tracks. We are having a GREAT time recording and are hoping to finish up recording the album tracks by December.
So...here are a few pictures from the first session!

Jeremy set up in Eric's tiny studio

Alex and Eric engineering

Alex and Jeremy recorded "Spinning" in one take. This is the song where they start slow...and speed up until they are playing as fast as humanly possible. See their hands? No? Then they are doing it correctly.



Alex--passed out after a long hard day of recording.

3 comments:

ALEJO said...

huhuhu

Anonymous said...

Alex here...

just want to point out that in that picture I'm playing Eric Lovre's guitar that he used for most of the Dharma Bums records. Nobody cares but me, but I think that's pretty cool.

meg said...

Hi Jen - I love your blog! Your Halloween costumes were hilarious - we went to a Cure concert once and sat near a few teen girls that I'm pretty sure wanted to be knocked up by Robert Smith. It was a bit traumatizing, to say the least. Anyway, here's my blog if you wanna see: http://web.me.com/megcase/Site/Welcome.html

If it doesn't work let me know, megmcase@gmail.com

Congrats again on your little rock star!