Thursday, November 13, 2008

Boy, Oh Boy!

Yep! He is definitely a baby boy! I considered posting the "gender" photo...but it is a bit graphic.
I'm not yet sure how I feel about exploiting my child on the Internet...


So, here he is! I've finally started feeling him move. The first moment where I was certain it was him (and not just gas!) was on Tuesday. Then Wednesday, the day of the ultrasound, I felt him move lots (= Probably I'm just now figuring out what it feels like.
It was so fun to watch him wiggle and squiggle around on the ultrasound. At one point he scrunched up and bonked me with his rear-end...and I could totally feel it!
He was very sweet, a little camera shy (didn't want to show us his face), and had all of the important parts (4-chambered heart, arms, legs, brain, spinal cord, kidneys, stomach, etc., etc.).
I, on the other hand, am not camera shy. I will comply and post some preggo Jen pictures as soon as life makes it a little easier to post (like having a computer set back up in my house).
The measurements were on par with what we were already certain is the right dates. So, baby boy Carmichael should be joining us sometime mid-April. Yeay!

5 comments:

Candice said...

That's a pretty cute little profile he's got. I'm ( well, we..Adam and I) are super excited!!!

Melissa said...

I am also so happy for you and Alex!!! There is just nothing in the world that compares to the miracle of pregnancy. Enjoy every moment and movement. :) Love ya.

David S. said...

Why haven't you introduced him as Edgar Alexander Carmichael? Does this mean you are resisting tradition?

MKShelley said...

Maybe we'll have baby twins (well, the day anyway)! Theora was born on April 13th.

Anna said...

Jen, I'll always remember the first time I felt the quickening of my first child. I don't remember the next two babies quickenings, but that first one was such an amazing miracle! It felt like butterflies fluttering in my tummy or something. It's the most awesome thing isn't it? It's so much better than later when the baby was trying to get out by breaking my ribs. Yeah, I wasn't feeling sentimental then, just bruised. I actually have a friend who gets broken ribs on every pregnancy because she is too small a person for the baby to fit otherwise. Talk about sacrifice! Fortunately, only my first child tried to kick my ribs out. The next too were much kinder. But less remarkable too... By the way, I should be able to first feel MY baby the week I come to visit you.