Tuesday, October 14, 2008

To Jesus, with love

This last week at church, one of our Sunbeams (age 3 kids) had drawn a picture during class. He also had a small card with a picture of Jesus. He went to his teacher and said, "I want to give these pictures to Jesus."

Ah. How adorable. "That's so wonderful." She says. Then, confused, she watches him walk resolutely across the primary room and hand his pictures to my husband Alex.

Alex, completely oblivious, grins and says, "Thank you!" Then, pointing to the card, "Who is this a picture of?" Beaming, the child answers, "Jesus!"

"That's right!" commends Alex.

Upon his return, the boy's teacher says, "Um, I don't think that is Jesus, honey. That is Brother Carmichael." The Sunbeam looks at a nearby picture of Jesus...looks back at Alex...and firmly replies, "Yes, I'm sure it is Jesus."

Lucky kid to have Jesus as his Primary Chorister!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

How adorable is that?!!! Wow, what a great compliment to Alex, and also a lot of pressure to live up to such a compliment. :)

Candice said...

Lol, I love that I have a husband and a brother in law that get mistaken for Jesus by small children.

MKShelley said...

I had previously claimed that my cousin had the best post ever, but yours just topped it.