Monday, October 21, 2013

New Project

Wow. I haven't posted on my blog for so long, that the editor I am using to even write this is completely new to me!

Anyway, I've been working on a fun new project. Since Edgar could talk, he's been saying awesome things. I've been sharing them on facebook (partially as a way to keep track of them). I also kept a word document with a list of all of those awesome things that Edgar and Sabrina say.

For a while now "have you heard the new Edgar-ism?" has been happening at baby showers, in the grocery store, and at church. It's been really fun to share these hilarious, sweet, and ridiculous things that brighten my day. I've had requests to turn them into a book, a sitcom--or just SOMETHING.

So I did.

Since this past July I've been working on turning the conversations into comics.

I am not an artist.

The first attempts at comic versions of my family were...terrible. Laughable. Really bad.

So I kept trying.

And this is what I got:




Unfortunately, I'm just not good enough to draw a new comic from scratch each time. So, tracing, copy and paste, and photo editors are going to be my best friends. It's cheating--but, hey, I'm a busy mom. At least it's something...right?

So, I've started a website at WeDontWriteOnMeat.com (with some help from my super duper awesome web designer nephew).

Why the weird name?

 



That's why the weird name.

Also, you can follow on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.

And you should. Because it's going to be super fun (=

Also, I am illustrating some of the best one-liner quotes with paper-cutting art. It's super fun.



 Because, who doesn't want to make a disco ball out of paper?

Also, I think illustrating your kid's most memorable quotes is something most crafty moms could do to.

So...that's the new project.

Also, I am going to be making this blog private soon. While We Don't Write On Meat isn't completely anonymous (I mean, I AM using Edgar and Sabrina's first names), I also don't want to make it really easy for strangers to get personal info about us.

I think that I will likely still update this blog occasionally with personal family stuff--so if you would like to have access to it, just let me know! I would be happy to add you!

2 comments:

Sheri Kay said...

I would love to be invited to access to your blog! I love reading about your ideas, thoughts and projects. Love, Aunt Sheri :-)

Anonymous said...

momo520视讯 , momo520视讯 , momo520视讯 , momo520视讯 , momo520视讯 , momo520视讯 , momo520视讯 , momo520视讯 , momo520视讯 , momo520视讯