Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Introducing Sabrina Eldora Carmichael


She's here!

Sabrina was born Friday night--Jan 7, 2011 at 10:30 pm. She was born into the water and caught by her daddy. The birth was fast (less than 2 hours at the birth center), intense, and beautiful. Both Sabrina and I are recovering wonderfully and are fully enjoying our babymoon.

I'm not quite sure what to write, because my husband Alex is detailing life so well on his blog 42 days. We are so blessed to have him home for the next 6 weeks (42 days), and he plans to blog about his experiences--one post per day. So, I will try to not be redundant. I will restrict myself to blogging about stuff he doesn't cover.

Baby Brina is such a blessing. I deserve her. Edgar was so hard as a new baby (didn't eat for the first 3 days of his life, cried non-stop for 3 months, etc., etc.) and--so far--Sabrina is just what I deserve after surviving Edgar. She sleeps. She eats. She wakes up and looks around at us. She cries to tell me her diaper is wet or she is hungry or cold--and then stops crying when the problem is resolved.

I love my Edgar. He has made me stronger and more patient. And I love my Sabrina. She is my reward.

8 comments:

Anna said...

I once had a friend with two children who said her first was so easy that she looked around and judged all the other parents who were frustrated and stressed and going crazy and talking about how hard being a new parent is. Then her second was born and she found out what they were all talking about. Not such a great experience for her. I like how you're experiencing it. You do deserve her. Of course, you deserved her before too.

Arual said...

That is so wonderfully exciting! Your birth sounded wonderful and I'm glad to hear all is well.

Michael B said...

Congratulations Jennie. I cannot believe how much hair your kids have. My 18 month-old doesn't have that much hair...Heck, my almost 4 year old barely has as much hair as Sabrina. It's so fun to be able to see pictures of your family!

Jaimee said...

My mom always said that I was a gift after she survived Josh... I feel the same way with Casey after Matteah... Matteah was really colicky and was on oxygen for two months. Casey was a breeze compared to her! Congrats on your reward- she's a beauty!!!

Becky said...

What a sweet reward! You couldn't have said it better! :0)

David S. said...

Congratulations on your new cooperative baby!

The Dahlins said...

Hey Jen Congratulations! She is beautiful!

All Fun Family said...

She's so beautiful! Congratulations!