Thursday, January 7, 2010

Kissing

I like kissing. Always have. Ask those poor boys I chased in Kindergarten. I still remember the name of my kindergarten crush: Christopher Benson. Ask any poor soul who ever went on a marching band tour with me. Ask my unfortunate friends and family that turned away embarrassed by my PDA. Don't ask my husband. He's still a little jealous of the time lost to my new kissing partner. (=

Turns out there is a whole new level of kissing that I was completely unaware of until recently.

Kissing Babies.

I'm not talking about the politial kind of baby kissing. I'm taking about heart swelling, snot wiping, drool sharing baby kissing. The kind only a mama can do with her baby.

Today we also shared giggles while trying out nose kissing and eyelash kissing.

I love kissing.

3 comments:

meg said...

Oh Jen. This post wins for sweetest post of the week. Year, maybe. You are such a sweet mama. I always wonder if Janie gets sick of my smooches, but I can't help it. I just kiss her. But now she is kissing at us, though she seems to think that actually kissing our cheeks is just strange. It's really sweet. Kissing... may we never live a day without it!

Beautifully written! *Muah*

Kathie said...

I agree! I love giving Ammon kisses, sometimes I miss his cheek and get his nose which he thinks is hilarious! I didn't know you were in Marching Band!!! What instrument did you play? What high school, I'm so excited because I did marching band from 9-12 grades. :)

Jen said...

Kathie--I never responded to your comment! I played the flute from seventh grade on at Orem High. I was in band, marching band (summer and fall), and often in pit orchestra. I don't play nearly enough anymore...though we did write a few Kalaloch songs with flute parts (=