Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Highlights 2009


After 7 Christmases of doing our best to keep child-like excitement in Christmas (which is not too tough for two video-game loving, toy toting grown-ups), we spent this Christmas really experiencing that excitement through Edgar.



Christmas tree lights

Pretty packages tied up with bows

Candy Canes

Santa ("Ho, Ho, Ho")

Lots, and lots of relatives

Cousins! (okay, one cousin.)




It was only a little over a week, but this kid experienced so much that we returned home to Salem with a much different baby.






"Holy Crap! There's MORE??!?!?"








" Um, are we done yet?"









"Help! I just wanted a couple of bows and a few pieces of paper!"



The little drum machine boy... (=



Soooooo tired. Our early morning Christmas breakfast tradition (breakfast is cooked by the kids while the parents sleep in) is getting tougher. Good thing we soon graduate to the sleeping in parents!



Yum! Candy Canes!!! Edgar's first candy (=






It was a hit.







We got to meet our new nephew, Calvin. He's a pretty cute Christmas Elf!

They really were excited. Really.


Spent lots of time with family.




Silly Steffie.





I promise Grandma is not drunk. She's English.




We even found time to visit Alex's aunts and uncles that live in Utah (we haven't visited them in like 6 years. We're pathetic.).





I was actually pretty much a failure at taking pictures. My parents always have their cameras out, so I don't usually think to get mine (it's taken care of, right?). So, um, mom and dad, I guess I need you to post some pictures!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Jen,

I do the same thing with pictures. Oops. I'm getting better. Now I just need to work on posting some and printing some.

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. My three older children really enjoyed initiating their baby sister to Christmas. She has started grabbing things so we had plenty of fun toys for her to enjoy but I think chewing on the wrapping paper was her favorite.

Merry Christmas! I've been thinking about you a ton but I'm always worried I"ll call during dinner. Lame huh?

Arual said...

Oh, I wish I had gotten to see you while you were here in Utah! I still can't believe how much hair Edgar has. People comment on how much Rylan was born with (and kept, so far) but then I think of Edgar and laugh.