Friday, September 4, 2009

Honest Abe and Edgar: Enchanting or Creepy?

Edgar and I went to The Enchanted Forest today with my sister-in-law Laura and her grandkids Garrett and Emily. (Enchanted Forest is a ghetto theme park in Salem, OR featuring fairy tales--basically a Disneyland knock off. But, it's fairly cheap and the really little ones love it).

Abraham Lincoln was there. He posed for a picture with my baby. Not too sure what I think about that...
The babies did quite well! Edgar only got cranky when he was an hour past nap-time...and he only cried a few minutes before succumbing to sleepiness.

Laura and I took turns riding rides with Garrett while the other person hung with the babies. We tried to all walk through the Haunted House...but when the first glowing skeleton jumped up, Garrett says, "I'm kind of creeped out" and we head back out for a refund (apparently a common occurrence on this attraction). Garrett decided that he might try again when he's six, or after two more birthdays. (I believe Garrett just turned 5).
I know, kinda blurry--but the only shot with all of us in it!

1 comment:

Jen said...

p.s. I think that was his real beard. Must be an intersting conversation peice. Also, quite the resume item (shows dedication to your work I suppose).