Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ninety-nine, Ninety-nine, Nine Nine Nine Nine, Ninety-Nine

Last weekend was my TEN year high school reunion. Weird.
The reunion itself was pretty dumb (as expected), but seeing old friends was lots of fun (also, as expected).

We had a pre-reunion reunion with some friends (including those that didn't graduate in '99). Mike Bishop hosted it (with his super nice wife Elisabeth and nearly 3 kids--one due any time) at their house. For those who care, I'll rattle off a list of those I can remember that came:

John Woolf (wife Liz and 2 kids), Jessica (formerly Jorgenson) with hubby and 2 kids (living in AZ), Rana (formerly Tompkinson)--she is married and has 4 kids. Sam Loveridge with his weird shoes, Luke Stutz, Matt Stacey, Tiave Matagi, Kerstin Lewis, Mark Fernlund (& his new wife), Alicia Binkley, Abby (formerly Young) with hubby Justin Carrier, Dave Jacobs and wife Susan (with 2 kiddos)...am I missing anyone?

It was lots of fun to spend the evening chatting and catching up with everbody's stories.

The reunion consisted of a BYOFood Family Picnic and an evening event at the school (with dessert). We mostly gawked at the people we didn't like in high school, and chatted with the friends we always stuck around with. Actually, I think I spent most of the time with friends I see pretty regularly anyway.

It was fun to catch up with Linda Reay, Alicia Binkley, and Kerstin Lewis (all friends from band).
I most enjoyed seeing Jessica, as she now lives in AZ and I only keep up with her via facebook.

I also spent time getting to know the wives of old friends better. Here is me with Mike and John's wives (Elisabeth and Liz).

So the big question--was it worth going? Even though it was lame, the answer is yes. Although, I think it would be more worth it in the future to have reunions with just our friends and not bother with the rest.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I have just discovered your blog through Facebook. I can't wait to read about what you've been up to! So I pretty much didn't go to the reunion because I knew all those people from the so called popular group would be there with their perfect spouses and they would be talking about their perfect lives and their perfect children, and I knew that it would all make me want to vomit. So really, me not going was sparing everyone else from being showered with chunks. You should really be thanking me! Is Sam not married or did you just not list his wifey because she wasn't there? I always thought he was kinda cute. Hmmmmm . . . :)