Sunday, September 7, 2008

Kalaloch Tour Part I (Hell and Provo)










So, we had a blast on tour (=

It was really 40% tour / 60% vacation...which was perfect.











Our first show was in Provo, UT--which we reached via Hell's Canyon. (The laughing picture of me is Alex's telling me I looked like Hell...)We got to Hell's Canyon pretty late--just enough time for a quick view of the world's deepest canyon (1.5 miles) over sunset. There was a little boy there that was convinced they were volcanoes because of the blood-red clouds above the Seven Devils Mountains. We camped that night and awoke to deer wandering through our campground and watched the sunrise over Hell's Canyon.












Then...on to Provo for fun with family, friends, and of course...ROCK.






I love this picture. The PEOPLE sign @ Muse Music in Provo made for some very arty pictures. This is my Brother Ryan & his girlfriend Kaylee with my brother Adam & his wife Candice.




This is Jen playing the violin. As I explained at the show, I don't actually play the violin...but we picked one up on Craigslist and the song needed a violin!









The best part about the Provo show was all the friends and family that came: My high school band director & his wife, my best friend's parents & brother, my good friends John & Liz, Dave & Susan, and Mike. My old room-roommate Julie & her hubby Josh. My brothers & their ladies. Even Alex's old roommate Ontario showed up after the show (and his mission president showed up but didn't stay). It was really cool having everyone there.
(It was even Dave's birthday! He didn't know we were in town until we showed up at his surprise birthday party!)

This last picture was taken during our last song (River). It's just 2 notes played over and over again for 10-20 minutes, so we invited anyone with an instrument to join if they felt so moved. We ended up, what one person called a "fun post-rock jam"

No comments: