Sunday, August 17, 2008

Glenn is Home!


Yeay! My nephew Glenn got home from his mission in Sao Paulo Brazil on Thursday. He family met him at the airport, and immediately drove him to Buster's BBQ--the family's favorite place to eat together. A bunch of us took a LONG lunch from work to meet up there. It was lots of fun.


Glenn was not as weird as most missionaries are when they get home. He did forget words, pause to translate words from Portuguese to English before he spoke, and marvel at how everyone had changed. But, he wasn't too weird. (If you have had a missionary come home--you know what I mean!)


Some of my favorite moments: Glenn didn't know how to say "cashew" without an accent. He saw how tall Fontainne had grown since her back surgery and said, "They have been...how you say...feeding her yeast. What? You guys say that in America, right?" His reaction when we told him we bought him tickets to a Counting Crow concert next month, and my surprise when I read in his journal (in his list of things he wants to do when he gets home): "Go to a Counting Crows Concert."


It was a fun day. I'm glad our Glenn-bob is home. It just wasn't the same without him!

No comments: