Saturday, May 3, 2008

Pear Pancakes

YUM!!! Wow. I just made the most amazing pancakes ever (if I do say so myself).

Prepare your regular pancake mix (from scratch or a box

Slice a Bartlett (or other firm pear) into thin rounds.

Pour batter onto pan as normal

Once air bubbles begin to form, place pear slices onto the uncooked side of the pancake (I recommend covering the entire side with pear slice pieces).

Sprinkle with cinnamon (and/or cloves and/or nutmeg)

Flip and finish cooking.

ENJOY!!! (We ate ours with butter or peanut butter and maple syrup with a few pear slices as garnish)

3 comments:

David S. said...

Did you invite any vikings to your pancake party?

Sounds yummy.

MKShelley said...

This isn't nearly as special, but it's also really good to eat sliced pears in a "healthy" (aka yucky) cereal. It sweetens the entire bowl with no added sugar, and makes the cereal bearable.

Melissa said...

Yummy! I'll have to try that. I love fruit on pancakes, especially strawberries and bananas.