Thursday, January 3, 2008

Christmas Recap

I know, I know....it is already 2008 and Christmas is long gone. But...I never got a chance to post about Christmas. So, with this post and a little packing and cleaning--I think I can finally get beyond the Holidays today and prepare for normality to return next Monday.

Alex and I flew to SLC from Salem for Christmas. Salem began commercial flights in 2007, with the ONLY flight being a Delta flight to and from SLC twice a day! How perfect is that! The airport is tiny and it is ten minutes from home to terminal. That was pretty cool.



The best part of Christmas was, of course, being with family. I got to spend some time with my soon-to-be-sister-in-law Tayva. I really like her. She fits in perfectly with our family...and not just because of her hair color.



The family photo shoot was fun. By the end it deconstructed into silliness...


I also got to hang out more with Stef's beau Darin. It was fun hanging out all together. We played a lot of Guitar Hero and Mario Kart.


Alex celebrated his 29th birthday in Utah with family and our friends Dave & Susan Jacobs (and daughter Hailey who insists she is "twenty-gix years old"). My mommy even made him his favorite cake and saved the frosting bowl for him to clean up (=




Stefanie is the only one actually living at home (Ryan lives with Peter in my Grandparent's basement apartment), but on Christmas Eve we had a big sleepover party. Ryan, Peter, Adam & Candice, and Darin all spent the night. We even did everybody's hair in pigtails!




















I love my family! Christmas was a little nontraditional--everyone except Peter and Dad got sick at some point. Alex got sick the first day, spent 2 1/2 days in bed, and then (in the spirit of Christmas) he shared the cold/flu with everyone else! But...despite the phlegm and fevers, we did manage to enjoy our White Christmas!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I LOVE all of the family pictures. It is so fun to see all of your family. It has been way too long since we've all been together. I'm so glad ya'll all got to be together and have such a happnin' party together! :)

David S. said...

Jen, you look good in pigtails. Alex could probably do without them, though.