Wednesday, October 10, 2007

800 miles

Last week Danita Pappas, her sister Jada (spelling?), Alex, and I jumped in our Passat (which we own 100% as of yesterday!) and drove. And drove. And bought gas. And drove. Actually, Alex and Jada drove most of the way. I went to sleep in Boardman, OR about 10:00 p.m. and awoke at 7:30 a.m. in Salt Lake City. Alex and I dropped the girls off in SLC and headed down to Spanish Fork to stay with my folks. We had a great time at the GREAT UTAH PROVO MISSION reunion. Pres. Greggson announced that he still loved Alex...even though he has long hair. He also assured everyone that Alex is not really rebellious...he just looks that way. After the reunion (which was unstructured chaos: 7-10 years post-mission and the room was spinning with dizzying toddlers), a bunch of the old group (affectionately identified as "The Goonies") hung out at Ontario and Meggan's apartment. Meggan was a great hostess...never mind that Meggan was supposed to birth their first child in less than 72 hours.

For some reason we didn't think to go to conference. But, we did enjoy watching it with my family. We got to meet all the new significant others (significant figures? I should really be doing my Chemistry homework). Peter is dating Tayva. We really like her. I need to call him and tell him how much I like his girlfriend. She is an Creative Writing Major, and really cute and nice. Stef is dating Darron this week (sorry for that sis.) He seems nice, but I didn't really get to know him. He was too interested in cuddlin' with my sister to talk to us very much.... Ryan has a new girlfriend this week to, but we didn't get to meet her. Long, long ago and far, far away, it was just me and my brothers and my sis. No sig. figs. We went everywhere together. We stayed behind in the car while mom and dad went into the store. We played radio ("I'm the radio!"), the silent game, and hit each other. Now we're all grown up. I kind of miss it.


p.s. I never mentioned that we hung out with my old room-roommate Julie Black and her hubby Josh and two cute cute boys--SO FUN! All I can say: Themed Mad-Libs? Brilliant.

No comments: