Monday, February 15, 2010

10 Months vs 29 Years

February 13th: Happy Birthday to me! Kudos to Alex for getting me the awesomest Yo Gabba Gabba Ice Cream Cake (on account of I whined that I had never had an ice cream cake for my birthday). Alex also got me some scrapbooking paper, and a shopping spree to Paper Zone for more fun paper. (I haven't been scrapbooking much, but I am doing some paper-art for the children's book I wrote ages ago...I should post some of that later...)

He also got me the Treehorn trilogy by Florence Parry Heide (illustrated by Edward Gorey). These are hilarious books about a kid who gets in these unbelievalbe situations...and then completely clueless parents who refuse to believe what is right in front of them. "No one shrinks, Treehorn."

Also for my birthday, I baked a chicken pot pie made from scratch. YUM! We shared the evening with our good friends (also our upstairs landlords). It was a great day!

Also February 13th: Edgar is 10 months old! This is one cute happy baby lately! Could it be the extra sleep we are all getting?!?!? (=
This kid LOVES his food. Apparently I didn't put his cereal box away...

He still says, "Nomma-NOMMA-NOMM!!" while he is eating something he really likes. Which is pretty much all the time.

He is also developing he musical abilities and imagination skills (-=
I found him playing my wire whisk like a guitar and saying "Yeah!" (Which is what he says when he plays guitar).

He is also developing a love of books (HOORAY!). He can often be found sitting by himself turning pages and "talking."
This kid is a jabberer. Alex says that he is just like me...when he is happy or tired is talks and talks and talks...even if he has nothing comprehensible to say!
New cute things he says:
"How Boo!" (Cow says moo)
"G'tahr Rah!" (Guitar: ROCK!)
"Yeah? Yeah!" (While nodding his head. He says this as a question when he is asking for something--usually food or nursing. He also says this as an answer if I guess correctly what he wants. "Edgar, do you want to go ni-night?" "Yeah!"
Here are a couple of way-to-long musical videos of cuteness that are especially for Grandma and Grandpa!
Video 1: Mr. No Pants playing the keyboard. Yes, that is him walking at the end! He can proudly take a few steps on his own!

Video 2: Guitar playing maniac. Yep, he's snotty. We've all been sporting a snotty nose for the last week or so.

Video 3: Naked Keyboard Playing with some Jerry Lee Lewis moves thrown in for good measure.

1 comment:

meg said...

Happy birthday Jen! All I can say is it's a good thing you got that ice cream cake before 30. Now you can turn 30 properly! Ice cream cakes are the best! Nomma-nomma-nomm for sure! And you made your own birthday dinner - way to go! What a woman. Yeah?

Yeah.