Sunday, February 24, 2008

Secret Date



Alex and I have a tradition of occasionally surprising the other person with a secret date. Either of us always has free license to plan and carry out a secret date, and then demand the other person get the time off of work or other obligations. It has been a really fun tradition. Past Secret Dates have included an overnight trip to the Oregon Redwoods and Oregon Cave, Lunch on the Willamette Queen (a river boat), Blazer basketball games, Ice Hockey, Keiser Volcano baseball games, and lots more.

Last night Alex took me on a secret date to the Harlem Globetrotters at the Rose Garden Arena in Portland! It was so fun! He got "suite" tickets from work (the boxes with your own kitchen and bathroom--completely unnecessary...). It was wild and crazy. Something in my memory says that the H.G. came to our school for an assembly when I was younger. It was one of the most unique secret dates ever! My favorite part were the "Harlem High-Fliers (straight from Kenya, Africa)." Unnecessary human pyramids, ridiculously low limbos, and death defying double dutch--true entertainment.

(for the record, The Globetrotters beat the Generals...but it was pretty close...)

2 comments:

Juliekins said...

You guys are so cute...secret date? Our dates are secret because we can't tell if we are on one.

Melissa said...

I love the "secret date" idea. Cory and I have really been trying hard to have at least one date a month. It is so fun, but also so expensive when you have to pay for a babysitter as well!! I have seen the globetrotters play once before also. They are so fun to watch!! I love hearing about all of the fun things you and Alex do together.