Thursday, September 6, 2007

Orientation

Orientations are so anticlimactic! You get so excited/nervous/anxious about the first day on the job...only to spend the next three solid days sitting in uncomfortable chairs and talking about harassment, email policies, and mission statements.

Orientation takes me back to being a child and having to eat foods that I didn't care for. On one hand, it is something that I do not want to do: it's yucky and mostly unenjoyable at the time (there are tidbits that I do enjoy...like the melted cheese on top of my macaroni and tomatoes). And, it takes FOREVER. But on the other hand, deep down I know that it is good for me: it will enrich my future and, in the long run, help me to function more efficiently.

Anyway, I started my new job yesterday. When I got home that night, Alex said we could do anything I wanted to celebrate my first day. We've eaten out and gone to movies so much lately that those options didn't sound very celebratory.
Instead, I wanted to go to Roth's grocery store and get some of their fresh baked (fried?) taco bowls. One of our favorite meals is grilled veggie taco salads with lots of guacamole. Yum. They were so pretty that I took a picture. So, we enjoyed our taco salads and watched some Friends episodes. (We bought the complete series. We have Mexican Food Night once a week and watch 2 episodes. It's a bit silly--but it is the only t.v. that we watch on a regular basis. )

I guess tomorrow is the last day of my first week on the job, and Alex's last day of his last week on the job.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

It is so good to hear all about you and Alex. I'm so glad that you are doing so well. Congrats on your new job! I think you should be a writer! I love reading your posts!! I am so excited to get to know you better and stay in touch through the wonderful world of blogs! :) Love ya, Mel

Andrea said...

Oooh! Those look SO good! Congrats on your new job!

MKShelley said...

Um... I didn't know you had a blog. Did you tell me and I'm just dumb? Maybe. Anyway.. we have a blog too. David and I both post to it almost daily.

http://davidandmelissashelley.blogspot.com/